MAXINE NGUYEN, LMT, CLT, BCTMB, Esth.
My name is Maxine Nguyen. Firstly, I am a board-certified (by NCBTMB), Maryland-licensed massage therapist (LMT), trained in both Western and Eastern bodywork modalities including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Pre/Postnatal Massage, Traditional Thai Massage, Shiatsu and Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT). Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT), also known by the “Vodder” method, is currently the gold standard therapy for relieving and managing symptoms of lymphedema, an incurable condition that resulted from the malfunctioning of the lymphatic system due to trauma or disease. I incorporate elements of any or all my training into an integrative massage customized to fit a client’s medical condition. Secondly, I am a Maryland-licensed esthetician, offering skincare consultations, facials, peels, waxing, and make-up application services. Thirdly, I am a Maryland-licensed hair professional who can provide beauty services including hair and make-up services to men, women, and children. See my service menus to learn more.
My background is in public and corporate accounting and finance, and information systems implementation and consulting. However, my first love is with the beauty, health, and wellness industry that aims to enhance a person’s self-esteem so they can live a happier and healthier life.
- Massage Therapist, Massage Therapist, Esthetician, Hairstylist, Owner (Hhmobiless.com, 2013-Present)
- Thumbtack Professional (2014-Present, 5-Star Rating, Gold Profile, Best of 2015-2016 Badges)
- Thumbtack Top Pro (only 3% of service providers on Thumbtack are in this category)
- F/T Information Technology Consultant (SOS4SAP LLC, Tampa, FL, 7/2019-Present)
- F/T Information Technology Manager (ACN Corp, Chicago, IL, 5/15-6/19)
- P/T Massage Therapist (The Pearl Spa, Fulton, MD, 4/13-6/15)
- P/T Massage Therapist/Esthetician (Massage Envy, Laurel, MD, 5/14-6/15)
- P/T Massage Therapist/Esthetician (Massage Envy, Annapolis, MD, 9/12-4/14)
- F/T Information Technology Consultant (EHCG, LLC, San Francisco, CA, 7/14-5/15)
- F/T Information Technology Consultant (IBM Corp, Endicott, NY, 9/06-7/14)
- F/T Information Technology Consultant (Booz Allen Hamilton, LLC, McLean, VA, 12/05-9/06)
- F/T Sr. Systems Analyst (AOL Time Warner, Dulles, VA, 9/98-12/05)
- F/T Revenue Accountant (Nextel Communications, McLean, VA 6/96 – 9/98)
- F/T Auditor (Reznick, Fedder & Silverman, CPAs, Bethesda, MD (1/95-6/96)
- Complete Decongestive Therapy (135-hr online/hands-on training, Academy of Lymphatic Studies, Sebastian, FL, Aug 2018; covers the “Vodder” method which includes manual lymph drainage (MLD), bandaging, skincare, exercise; certified 8/12/2018)
- PCA Skin Certified Professional (8-hr CEU, PCA Skin Advantage Seminar, Arlington, VA, 8/16; PCA Skin Specialist Seminar – Peel Applications, Arlington, VA, Dec 2016)
- MediCupping Certified (16-hr CEU, Fall 2016)
- Medical Massage Therapy (18-hr CEU, 1/16)
- Howard Rontal’s Myofascial Release Massage, NOVA School of Therapeutic Massage, 60-hr CEU, 6/13, 8/13, 11/13)
- Thai Institute of Healing Arts, Arlington, VA (212-hr classroom, 50-hr clinical; modalities: Traditional Thai massage, herbal compress massage, medicine theory, reflexology, 5/12-12/12)
- Steiner Institute of Esthetics, Linthicum, MD (Esthetics, 660-hr classroom, 80-hr clinical; 4/12-4/13)
- Baltimore School of Massage, Linthicum, MD (Therapeutic Massage, 760-hr classroom; 76-hr clinical, 4/11-4/12)
- George Washington University, Washington, DC (M.S., Information Technology Mgt, 9/99-1/2002)
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD (B.S., Accounting/Finance, 9/89-8/94)
- Academy of Professional Barbers-Stylists, Wheaton, MD (Barbering, 1200-hr, 6/86-6/87)
PROFESSIONAL LICENSING & ASSOCIATIONS:
- Licensed Massage Therapist (Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia)
- Licensed Esthetician (Maryland)
- Master Barber (Maryland)
- CPR Provider Certified
- Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS) – click here to find me at ACOLS.
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) –click here to see my profile
- Board Certified by the National Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) – see link to find my profile.